Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Mommy's New Adventure

A few weeks ago, I shared with you how Emmett aging out of the Early Intervention program will start a new adventure for us. This has proven to be true with at least 6 appointments a week, but this is only the beginning of our new adventures.
Many of you know that over the past 14 months, we have been taking Emmett to see an Anat Baniel Method (ABM) practitioner to receive "movement lessons." The closest ABM practitioners are at least two hours away and we can only afford to take him every 8 weeks or so, but we have seen incredible improvement in his movement, as well as his overall awareness and involvement with the world around him. These lessons are normally done in blocks of 2 lessons a day, for 3 days.
The results we are seeing are so profound that I have decided to take the training myself, not only to benefit Emmett, but also other children with special needs and adults with chronic pain.
This was not an easy decision to make! When I first saw the cost and the logistics of traveling for the training, I honestly thought it was unattainable. However, the more I watched these lessons and how Emmett responded to them, the more I felt like this is what I am supposed to do. Leaving my family for several days at a time will not be easy, but we are going to make this happen.
Please remember our family in your prayers, as we prepare for another big change. My training will start next March. I am both excited and terrified to start a whole new career at nearly 40 years of age, but I know that it will be awesome for our family and I hope to help many other families along the way. I will keep you posted as we get closer to start time and look forward to sharing our ABM journey with you.

Our little water bug... The reason I decided to "take the plunge!"

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you for taking the plunge! And excited to see how E continues to progress.

    ReplyDelete